Associate Dean for Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion
James E. King Jr., Ph.D | Miles-Rose Professor of Leadership
Dr. James King has published articles in such journals as the Human Resource Management Journal of Vocational Behavior, Management Decision, Journal of Change Management and Human Resource Management Review. Previously he was on the faculty of Samford University in Birmingham, Alabama. Prior to entering academia he was a human resource professional for the General Electric Corporation where he completed the Human Resource Management (Leadership) Program and worked in areas including recruiting, appraisal, training and labor relations.
Get In Touch: firstname.lastname@example.org or 205-348-8916
Position is open
Our mission is to support the Culverhouse College of Business in its efforts to enhance diversity, promote inclusiveness, and develop leadership as the College cultivates an inclusive community.
Each objective is designed to educate, recruit, and retain faculty, students, and staff at the College cultivates an inclusive community to enhance diversity and develop leadership.
- Goal 1 [EDUCATE]: Promote inclusiveness to enhance diversity and develop leadership.
- Goal 2 [RECRUIT]: Increase the diversity of the faculty, students, and staff.
- Goal 3 [RETAIN]: Cultivate an equitable and inclusive environment.
Purpose, Values, and Goals
The purpose of our strategic plan is to develop sustainable structures, objectives, and strategies with measurable outcomes to promote continuous improvement concerning inclusion, diversity, and equity.
Summary of Goals
Cultivate an inclusive community where respect for individual contributions is a core value, enacted by all
- Objective 1: Promote inclusiveness to enhance diversity and develop leadership by increasing faculty, staff, and student engagement in diverse, inclusive, and equitable practices.
- Objective 2: Enhance recruitment and retention of diverse faculty, students, and staff.