Manderson Women in Business (MWIB) exists to create a network of women business leaders through professional development, community engagement, and social events. We serve all female students in Manderson Graduate School of Business, although men are certainly welcome to join if interested.
Traveling to meet with female business leaders in their workplace.
Past encounters include:
- Regions Bank in Birmingham: Panel, lunch, and tour with female leaders
- Huntsville: HAUFE, Inc,. Boeing, Panel with female plant managers at Decatur Chamber of Commerce, Happy hour with local alums, Bradley Arant, Aerojet Rocketdyne
- Heidrick Consulting, Nikko AM, Nasdaq, Capri Holdings, Goldman Sachs (Met with Nasdaq, KBW, and Goldman Sachs over Zoom when we had to cancel the trip due to COVID 19)
Coffee at Heritage House with local female leaders. This is a more intimate setting for open conversation.
Past speakers include:
- Carolyn Thaggard, Regions Bank
- Adri Williams, Khayelitsha Cookies
- Alice Maxwell, Keller Williams Realty
- Charli Matthews, Founder and CEO of Empowering Brands
Additionally, we established a partnership with Turning Point. They raised funds for their Santa’s Sleigh drive and created information packets to help women in a shelter with their job search.